There are two types of people: Those who see the doctor at the first sign of a sniffle, and those who refuse to get medical attention unless they have something as serious as a broken bone. Which one are you?
While many people prefer to avoid the doctor’s office, if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you need to see a healthcare professional as soon as possible:
- You’re having trouble breathing or feel short of breath for no reason
- You find a lump in your breast tissue or any other unusual changes–that’s one of the major signs of breast cancer
- You have a fever of 103 degrees or more, or you’ve had a fever for more than three days
- You are experiencing pain or tightness in your chest
- You’ve suddenly lost a significant amount of weight (10% of your body weight) without knowing why
- You are feeling confused or experience mood changes after a fall or blow to the head
All of these symptoms could indicate a serious medical problem. Signs of breast cancer, heart attack or diabetes are all your body’s way of encouraging you to get help. Don’t gamble with your health or put off going to the doctor if you think that something is wrong.